Accessibility Links

Etrion begins construction on solar power projects in Japan

14 Oct 2014
Etrion Corporation, the independent solar power producer has announced the start of construction on its first 34MW projects in Japan.

The projects are jointly owned by Hitachi High-Tech Corporation and Etrion, with approximately 80% of the finances coming through Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank. The remaining 20% of funding is coming from Etrion and Hitachi themselves, based on their ownership interests in each project.

The 34MW will be made up of the Shizukuishi Solar Project which is expected to be operational by the end of 2016, and the Mito Solar project, which will provide 24.7MW and 9.3MW respectively.

Both projects are being built by Hitachi High-Tech using their engineering, procurement and construction, operations and maintenance services.

Once operational, the Shizukuishi plant is expected to produce 25.6 gigawatt-hours of solar electricity per year, and the Mito solar project is anticipated to produce 10.3 gigawatt-hours of electricity.