As a member of the software team you'll be involved in the full software development cycle of our products. You'll have the chance to work with challenging products that designed for extreme environments.
Our designs are related to image processing, sensor readout, system integration, digital and analog electronics with microcontrollers, Soc's and FPGA's.
You will work on:
* Software development with embedded microcontrollers (mostly ARM based), some are included inside FPGA's or specific processors like Freescale (Imx)
* Python, C++ embedded applications in combination with a Linux OS.
* Linux OS drivers or kernel modules adaptations for integration in specific projects.
* End user applications for graphical front ends to control our systems (QT based).
* Protocol implementations and adaptations for communication with internal modules or external systems.
* Automated build systems for validation and code generation.
You're in charge for the design, debugging and releasing of the code together with software colleagues.
Your creativity will be appreciated in solving problems.
You will also be responsible for the documentation of your design to promote re-use and increase your impact. You will be involved in improving our design procedures and methodologies.
* Passion for software and digital design.
* Master or bachelor in electronics or computer science or similar with several years of relevant experience.
* Several years of relevant experience in object oriented programming. You are experienced in Python and C++. You're not afraid to dive and review into existing code and support modularity inside projects.
* You are fluent with Linux and scripting languages.
* Experience with real-time operating systems and image processing is an advantage.
* You're familiar with version control in GIT.
* Pro-active and good communicator.
* You are a creative problem solver.
* You successfully realized projects in similar environments.
* You are customer minded: you can anticipate their needs and provide professional support if needed, sometimes on-site.
* You are result driven and know to deal with strict deadlines.
* You respect any applied standards and procedures.
* You write and speak English fluently.
I have a full unedited job specification, please get in contact for further information in regards to this job.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office