.NET Application Architect
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108834
Location: USA, Massachusetts, Solon
Sector: Technology, Enterprise Applications, Power
Date posted: 20/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The Application Architect is a hands-on technology strategist for Software Engineering - a high-profile complex, distributed, 24x7, .NET based, commercial software platform hosted on customer environment. The Application Architect is equally capable of translating business vision into reality as working hands on to design, implement, unit test and support the software.
* Serve as technical expert in the design, development, testing and support of Software Engineering.
* Act as technology strategist for products and services
* Architect and design highly scalable and secured solutions
* Responds to customer escalations and maintains existing code using older .NET-based technologies, refactoring as needed to provide highly reliable solutions.
* Leads development activities and mentors junior developers.
* Lead by example, ensuring that development standards and processes are followed across team. Performs design reviews and code reviews to ensure that software meets development standards.
* Represent engineering to Business Development, Professional Services and Clients when necessary.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
* Minimum of 10 year's experience in design and development of professional software
* Minimum of 7 years' development experience working with C# and the .NET platform.
* Minimum 4 years' development experience building web apps with MVC, Web API, and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
* Enthusiasm and willingness to do whatever is needed to get the job done.
* Understanding of Source Control, Build, and Deployment Management preferably Team Foundation Server
* Experience in uncovering requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and building platform solutions.
* Experience with developing performant/scalable/high-availability systems; specifically performance/reliability issues.
* Excellent analytical skills, highly accountable, and enthusiastic.
* Seeks feedback from peers on source code and reviews code for others, all in the constructive spirit of building high quality software.
* Experience with Agile Software Development
* 2+ years' experience with relation databases (MS SQL Preferred)
* Hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines mastering a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices
* Data Warehouse, Data Mining, and Reporting Services development experience
* Distributed systems experience in support of real-time data acquisition
* Mobile Application or Mobile Device development experience
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.