Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH109027
Location: England, Somerset, Yeovil
Sector: Mechanical Design and Systems, Aerospace
Date posted: 17/07/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
A position has become available for the role of Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Aerospace) on a contract basis.
Job Title: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Aerospace)
Duration: 6 Months
You will be responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering within a given cell relative to a special project: Moving internally manufactured parts to external status using the same manufacturing equipment and production operatives.
* Lead and deliver the transition plans;
* Ensure drawing KCs are fully understood and the new set up aligns to the drawing demands and that the process is statistically capable;
* In process checks and any final inspection is correctly set in Net-Inspect and that the HAY supplier contacts are correctly set in Net-Inspect so that a message will be sent to the correct contact in case of a non-compliant issue;
* Routing and associated documentation is created in the new supplier systems and that this will ensure product quality - subsequent concessions will not be accepted post go-live;
* Drive & deliver FAIs allied to the new supplier status;
* Lead and co-ordinate activities between Product Engineers, Operations, ME and Quality and Manufacturing Assurance team;
* Ensure management of projects from program approval through introduction to production, and
* Lead Production Readiness Review: coordinate all ISC functions.
To be considered for this position, experience is required covering:
* A good degree in engineering i.e. mechanical, electrical, manufacturing or industrial;
* Strong understanding of engineering processes for manufacture and test;
* Solid understanding of manufacturing techniques and their impact on producibility:
* Financial acumen, demonstrated understanding of business metrics and how to impact results, and
* An understanding of lean manufacturing environment and change management.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.