Global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 154,950 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, they achieved revenue of €69.9 billion in 2015. Committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
The Acquisitions, Investments and Financial Advisory ("AIFA") team is a fast-paced group that is closely involved in major transactions and strategic initiatives undertaken by the group in North America. As an integral part of this team, the AIFA Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting the valuation and risk analysis of new projects (including developing financial models) and for supporting the structuring and execution of M&A and project financing transactions.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist the business development activities from project origination/acquisition through implementation with a particular focus on the economic valuation and financial aspects of the projects
· Develop and maintain financial models to support investment decisions, following group guidelines
o Maintain responsibility for the accuracy and correct incorporation of relevant inputs to such models
o Propose and implement relevant sensitivity analysis for investment files
· Develop, analyze, evaluate and recommend financial options and proposals as they relate to a business development project or other funding needs
· Support internal approvals process for new economic commitments and associated financing arrangements
· Support the structuring, negotiation and execution of financing documents for medium to large size transactions, in accordance with best project finance practices of the group
· Develop presentations for lender and management updates/discussions
· Identify main project economic and financial risks and advise on the appropriate mitigation factors and definition of appropriate contingencies
· Support the valuation of existing assets as part of annual asset impairment testing
· Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated expertise in developing and utilizing detailed, Excel-based, financial models
· Energy market experience in one of the following sectors is preferred; utility scale renewables, distributed generation (i.e. rooftop solar, etc.), energy services, retail electricity, natural gas transportation or distribution
· Commercial acumen with good understanding of accounting topics and tax structures
· Proven flexible team player who works well with others
Education / Experience
· 3-7 years of energy industry experience as an analyst or associate at an investment bank, private equity fund or strategic energy company
· Bachelor's degree required with Finance or Economics major, preferred
· MBA, CFA progress or aspiration or other professional qualifications are a plus
· Experience supporting the valuation efforts and financing efforts for a bid, supporting a project financing to financial close and / or supporting an M&A transaction to close
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.