Applications Engineer, Protection & Control roles based in Uxbridge you will be a key member of the Company Protection & Control team in Europe. Supporting the ongoing development of the Protection & Control business, provide expert technical support to customers and partners who are engaged in the application and supply of Company Protection & Control products and systems.
- Provide technical support to customers on the application of Company Protection & Control Products e.g. scheme engineering, preparation of scheme logic, para-meterisation, programmable logic, relay settings, communication protocols, integration into substation automation systems etc.
- Manage customer enquiries e.g. analysis of customer specifications and requirements, proposal of solutions, preparation of technical proposals, equipment lists, etc.
- Participate in product introduction and technical presentations to customers.
- Support product qualification activities e.g. product approval, assessments etc.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing and Site Acceptance Testing activities
- Perform site visits e.g. software/hardware upgrades, modifications, troubleshooting, remedial work etc.
- Support Company presence at exhibitions, conferences and seminars
- Assist in analysis of market needs, and benchmarking of competitor products, to support new product development.
- Represent Company with international customers, consulting engineers, OEMs etc.
- Assist with customer training and familiarisation activities
- 4+ Years of Protection Relay experience.
- Degree qualified in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Comfortable presenting and attending seminars promoting company products and services.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
For more information about this role please contact our London office