Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : JMLON0040
Location: England, West Midlands, Birmingham
Sector: Acoustic & Thermal, Automotive
Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus
Date posted: 02/02/2017
ROLE & PURPOSE
The Customer focused Applications Engineer will work with customers, to ensure products and systems are designed and installed to the best possible standards, and liaise with all departments and customers on prompt resolution of applications issues and all new projects. You will plan you own customer visits and project workload in line with the company/ customer expectation.
REPORTS TO Customer Engineering Manager
KEY SKILLS SUMMARY - Qualified mechanical engineer - Refined communication skills - IT proficient - On site test capability - UK based with overseas travel
1.Initial concept design for all new projects
2. Visiting customers and liaising with their engineering/ design/ quality departments to work on new and upgraded product specifications, investigating and resolving any applications issues.
3. Visiting customers premises to inspect and review products installation to ensure compliance with installation guidelines and best practice.
4. Carrying out simple product test on customer vehicles
5. During customer visits, meeting with all Departments to ensure the organisation is meeting customer expectations.
6. Conducting thermal calculations and investigations necessary for the correct specification/ application of components.
7. Creating test plans for given projects, working with the company Research & Development and Installations departments for instrumentation of products or vehicles to facilitate validation tests, e.g., in vehicle thermal performance test, vibration measurements, etc.
8. Managing all customer projects through the Engineering process for given customers
9. Ensuring the best practices and procedures are maintained and adhered to
10. Any other duties deemed appropriate by senior management
Minimum qualification of Degree in a mechanical engineering discipline
Ability to use a 3D modelling system
Sound knowledge of drawing principles
Computer literate, minimum competent in the use of MS Office - Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Full understanding of Microsoft Outlook, using calendar and task process
Experience in industry in a mechanical engineering environment
Experience in design advantageous
Basic electrical knowledge
Automotive experience, preferably including some heavy goods background
Ability to demonstrate competence in an applications environment
Experience of testing vehicles and using data logging equipment required
Knowledge of vibration and pressure flow testing
Must be a good communicator both written and verbally
Driver's license essential - must be prepared to drive to all UK sites and drive overseas (European mainland/ North America)
A good listener, observant, enthusiastic about investigating and solving problems
Comfortable with a hands on approach, but also able to step back and see the overall picture
Keen to face constant fresh challenges
Confident and enthusiastic about foreign travel and able to work outside the UK
Ability to communicate with staff and customers at all levels
Enthusiastic and dedicated
Based from Birmingham, travel will be required as/ when necessary. There are also likely to be some antisocial hours, particularly while and working at customers' sites or at any other location required by the needs of our business and our customers.
For more information about this role please contact our London office