Area Sales Manager - Waste Recycling - Thailand
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118418
Location: Thailand, Bangkok
Sector: Plant Erection/ Construction, Power
Salary: US$2500 - US$3500 per month + benefits
Date posted: 22/12/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The ASM is responsible for selling and servicing customer and Partners in the solid waste sector of South East Asian region. The ASM executes daily business pursuits aiming to achieve the business targets for the business unit in the region by leading, encouraging, screening, measuring Partners with direct sales involvement where necessary. The ASM will develop the market for Waste Recycling products and support marketing activities in the region.
Duties and responsibilities
The ASM must take ownership of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Implementing, and managing sales and marketing activities in predominantly Thailand, Singapore and Malaysia
- Nominate, inaugurate, train and support new Partners to ensure performance and meet targets.
- Manage, train and monitor existing Partners
- Further development of the waste shredder market in the region to meet the Waste Recycling department's annual business targets
- Maintaining and monitoring existing customers satisfaction
- Closely monitor territorial waste shredder project execution
- Monitor competitor activities
- Relationship building with regional waste management companies, concessionaires, solution providers and associations
- Project development with either end-customers or Partners
- Support and drive parts sales for service
- Generate market intelligence to support business initiatives
To successfully take on the duties of the ASM role, the following qualifications must be met:
- Technical degree with in-depth commercial understanding
- Fluent in English (both oral and in writing), other foreign language is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience in waste management applications and technical B2B sales
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), and IT in general
- Contacting new or existing Direct customers
- Planning and follow-up of projects in Direct sales cases.
- Preparing sales material:
o Presentations, specifications.
o Strategic sales proposals by project
- Generate quarterly narrative reports about market, competitors and trends
- Creating monthly reports, sales forecasts, etc.
- Participating in marketing activities
- Canvas sales for service
- Attending sales meetings and conferences with customers
- Collecting customer feedback and communicating it to Management Team
- Supporting project execution.
- Participation on exhibitions
- Presentation of products
The ASM will assume his/her job with base in Bangkok, Thailand.
He/she is expected to have significant regional travel activity - approximately 70-100 days per year.
- Bachelor degree or above in engineering or business.
- More than five years working experience in sales & marketing, preferably in a developing business related to Environmental Protection, Construction Industry, Recycling Industry or similar
- Fluent written or spoken Thai
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with independent and analytical thinking
- Strong learning skill
- Experienced with MS-Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CRM experience a strong advantage, preferably Salesforce
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321