Assembly and Test Technician (Electronic)
Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH116088
Location: England, Hampshire, Basingstoke
Sector: Test & Manufacturing Engineering, Aerospace
Salary: £0.00 - £30 per hour
Date posted: 02/11/2017
Title: Assembly & Test Technician (Electrical)
Rate: £30 ph
Duration: up to 6 months
Our client is looking for individuals with an electronics background for their AERO division in Basingstoke. We are looking for an experienced Assembly and Test Technician to evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair coming aerospace products on site.
*Evaluate, test, troubleshoot and repair products coming into the site within the required time specified.
* Working in a team over 70 technicians performing component level maintenance and repair.
*Predominantly focusing on the repair of circuit cards.
*Applies general technical concepts, principles, practices and techniques.
* Impact is normally within a single technical process or project or may extend over several processes where impact is short-term.
*Possesses familiarity and capability in the tools of the profession. Applies well-known techniques where technical precedents are well-established.
*Demonstrates understanding of basic processes & equipment used in own area.
*Solves routine problems by selecting the appropriate solution from a limited set of options/procedures following instructions/guidelines.
*May use mathematics involving calculation of percentages, ratios & simple, preset formulas/instruction.
*Basic word processing database, spreadsheet and/or machine operation applications. Able to access multiple systems.
* Reads & comprehends procedure manuals/routine business correspondence/basic technical information.
*Works with leader to plan & schedule own work.
*Orders & replaces supplies/ equipment/parts. May include preparation & sending of supplies, equipment or parts to an external customer. Performs multiple material handling functions.
* Files & retrieves documentation. Records data. Reads and follows prints, methods and operation sheets/procedures.
**ONC or HNC qualification preferred (or equivalent). Relevant work experience will be considered where there is no formal education
*Experience in soldering and the use of test equipment (e.g. millimeter, oscilloscope) would be an advantage.
* Previous experience of working within the aerospace sector would be an advantage, but is not essential.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office