Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH126736
Location: England, London
Sector: Off-shore wind, Renewables
Salary: £40000 - £43000 per annum + 10% bonus + package
Date posted: 19/07/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a world leading consortium within the Offshore Wind industry looking for an Asset Integrity Engineer to optimise the operational life and yield of the wind farm by analysing, understanding and reporting on the performance, status and health of all mechanical systems, develop an advanced understanding of all individual risk profiles, and either individually, or working with technical authorities, specialists and stakeholders including the WTG OEM, develop and implement cost-effective risk mitigation strategies. This is a full time permanent position paying a competitive salary of £40,000-£43,000 per annum + 10% bonus + benefits package.
Asset Integrity Engineer duties and responsibilities:
* Report accurately on the performance, status and health of structural assets.
* Use data mining and trend analysis identify and classify asset integrity issues resulting from defective manufacture, assembly, installation, commissioning or maintenance of major mechanical components, sources such as contractors' inspections, bathymetric data, seabed movement, historical reports, maintenance records, turbine SCADA.
* Support the delivery of and challenge root cause analysis studies where appropriate
* Use analytical and statistical tools to identify trends, perform detailed analysis and create reports of the reliability and performance of all protection systems, and identify where remediation may be required.
* Develop deep understanding of all mechanical power transmission and control systems of the WTG: This will include blades, blade bearings, main bearings, gearbox, generator bearings, pitch and yaw control systems, hydraulic power packs, brakes, cranes, cooling, lubrication and condition monitoring systems.
* Develop understanding of offshore structural design basis and the operational and protective systems of the foundations and transition pieces: This will include cranes and electrical systems, fall arrest systems, subsea cable transition (J-tube) and mechanical protection/strain-relief (CPS) systems, subsea cables, and condition monitoring systems.
* Outline and manage all condition monitoring, inspection and maintenance data collection activity, collate and integrate data to LAL AIM and CMMS systems, use to support quality asset integrity reporting
Asset Integrity Engineer desired experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Marine, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* 5 years+ working as an asset integrity engineer in the offshore sector, with responsibility for asset integrity, operations and performance improvement.
* Significant experience of using instrumentation and condition monitoring techniques to analyse and report on the condition and integrity of structural and associated systems.
* Ability to demonstrate significant knowledge and understanding of heavy lift marine operations, wind turbine blade erosion analysis, contractor management, offshore wind health and safety, large bearing tribology, mechanical transmissions, rotating equipment
* Experience of the use of advanced data handling and analysis systems and solutions is an advantage
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office