Our client is a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment firm and manager with nearly £3 billion AUM who are currently looking for an Asset Manager whose primary purpose will be to provide oversight of the technical and commercial performance of their Spanish Solar portfolio with a view to optimizing cash flows and investment value on behalf of their clients. This is a full time position based out of Madrid and will be initially on a 6 or 9 month FTC with the view to potentially extend.
Asset Manager (Spain) duties and responsibilities:
Technical Asset management:
- Be able to complete site visits to ensure installations meet the correct quality, technical specifications and built to the agreed design.
- Be able to review and comment on plant lay-outs, designs and yield calculations and assist during commissioning and PAC process.
- Oversight of response to non-routine operational issues occurring at sites (material equipment failure etc) with the aim of maximising production across the portfolio.
- Oversight contract management - ensuring that all services required by the O&M or EPC contracts are actioned accordingly.
- Responsible of the negotiation of O&M contracts and commercial settlements to contractual disputes.
- Management of EPC claims, negotiation with EPCs following commissioning.
- Liaising with Grid operator to manage incidents and scheduled down time
- Good understanding of sub-station design, grid cable routes, high level design and cost estimations
- Building and managing relationships with external stakeholder and key counterparties responsible for the operation of the projects across the portfolio with a view to achieving the best commercial outcomes for the equity investors.
- With input from the Senior Investment Manager and Technical Portfolio Managers holding O&M contractors accountable for the performance of projects in operations within the constraints of the O&M contract.
Accounts and Compliance:
- Co-ordinating with the London Portfolio Management team to have financial statements prepared for each Project SPV;
- Co-ordinating payments from project accounts as required (with assistance from London and locally) and ensuring the compliance of the power purchase agreements and the reporting and invoicing process.
Asset Manager (Spain) desired experience:
- A good balance of commercial, business and technical skills
- Experience working as part of a team and independently
- Strong management skills and analytical experience and the ability to communicate effectively in a clear concise way
- Contract literacy, i.e. ability/willingness to read key commercial contracts and understand risk allocation and two way obligations between parties (e.g. EPC contract, O&M contract, Debt Facility Agreement, etc.)
- Relevant or transferable degree.
- Fluent English and Spanish language capabilities
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office