Assistant Design Manager - MV Switchgear - Malaysia
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH121948
Location: Malaysia, Selangor
Sector: Transmission and Distribution, Power
Salary: US$1500 - US$2500 per month + benefits
Date posted: 02/03/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Senior Design Manager (SECONDARY)
- Design protection and control for medium voltage in a manner that will meet industry standards and enhance quality and product offering.
- Execute an in-depth customer's specification study to ensure compliance of design implementation.
- Provide site supporting services to ensure meeting internal and external clients' businessneeds.
- Solve technical issues which include troubleshooting of product defects that will effectively resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support on relay settings, electrical interlocking and functional testing methods and requirements in accordance with customers' specification and requirement.
- Ensure all design reviews are carried out in accordance with the company's process flow regulation and enforce all internal design reviews and double check requirements are implemented.
- Carry out necessary design verification on new component, customized/ new interlocking & control interfacing design through an approved prototype budget for simulation of function that meets the intended application as per customers' requirements.
- Establish strict control and monitoring of design schedule by ensuring comprehensive coverage of design task list for all projects.
- Carry out general managerial roles to ensure compliance with Company's policies, develop subordinates capability via continuous training to ensure necessary skills proficiencies, knowledge and competency are acquired to carry out their responsibilities and achieve targets, ensure effective use of Company's assets, established good internal & external relationship and communication and to be a good role model.
- Bachelor/Master/ Doctorate Degree in Engineering/ Electrical
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in switchgear design & development jobs with at least 3 years in leading/ supervising switchgear design & development projects.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD, PROMIS.E and Microsoft Office suites.
- Advanced level in drawing drafting standard & practical geometry tolerance.
- Advanced level in switchgear design methodology, power system fault analysis & calculation.
- Upper Intermediate level in design for manufacturability, switchgear design standard, switchgear related engineering knowledge, switchgear routine and type testing
- Good knowledge on local & overseas market requirements
- Excellent technical project management, leadership skills & team management
- Possess good analytical and communication skills
- Possess good communication & writing skills in Bahasa Malaysia and English.
- Willing to travel out of state and overseas.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321