Assistant Purchasing Manager - Chinese Speaking
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107762
Sector: Plant Outage, Operations & Maintenance, Power
Salary: US$3000 - US$5000 per month + benefits
Date posted: 31/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
1) Responsible to manage the sourcing, procuring and delivery of spare parts from Chinese suppliers.
2) Responsible to negotiate, procure and administer contracts for services from Chinese OEM's and Chinese third party/after-market suppliers.
3) Organise or contribute to supplier validation activities including occasional travel to China to review supplier facilities or to witness manufacturing or testing activities.
4) Develop, or assist in developing QA/QC programs in conjunction with Maintenance colleagues (internal) and the Suppliers and manufacturers (external).
5) Assist with translation of documents from Chinese to English as part of constructing specifications for goods and services, and improving inventory descriptions.
6) Prepare commercial tender documents and specifications.
7) Assist departmental colleagues in liaising with Chinese suppliers regarding warranty and performance issues.
8) Work with Purchasing Manager (Outage) to coordinate the Chinese supply chain activities relating to major planned outages and major projects.
1) Minimum 5 years' relevant experience, of which 3 years in an equivalent position. Ideally, experience based on working for Chinese companies, and the major clients of Chinese suppliers would be advantageous.
2) Proven experience in procurement and logistics.
3) Prior experience in the power generation industry, petrochemical or heavy manufacturing industry, will be a strong advantage.
4) Ability to communicate in Chinese (written and verbal) is an essential skill. Suitable proficiency in written and spoken English is also essential.
5) Knowledge of Chinese export/import regulations and procedures will be a strong advantage.
6) Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS products (Word and Excel). Experience with Purchasing, CMMS or P2P systems is advantageous.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321