Assistant Purchasing Manager - Power Plant - South East Asia
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH107763
Sector: Plant Project Development/Management, Power
Salary: US$3000 - US$5000 per month + benefits
Date posted: 31/05/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
1) Responsible to manage the sourcing, procuring and delivery of spare parts for planned maintenance activities.
2) Responsible to develop and implement a project purchasing plan in coordination with Maintenance and Procurement & Logistics colleagues.
3) Work with Purchasing Manager (China Specialist) as required to ensure that spare parts and materials for major projects sourced from China are coordinated as part of the overall project procurement plan.
4) Work with Expediting Officer
5) Assist in the negotiation, placement and administration of outage/project-related service contracts from in-country and overseas vendors.
6) Organise or contribute to project-critical supplier validation activities including occasional travel to review supplier facilities or to witness manufacturing or testing activities.
7) Develop, or assist in developing QA/QC programs in conjunction with Maintenance colleagues (internal) and the Suppliers and manufacturers (external).
8) Prepare commercial tender documents and specifications.
9) Develop a standard project reporting format to ensure senior management can be updated on progress on a no-less than weekly basis.
1) Minimum 7 years' relevant experience, of which 4 years in an equivalent position.
2) Experience in procurement and logistics, ideally proven with past major project procurement (this could be new-build or maintenance related).
3) Prior experience in the power generation industry, petrochemical or heavy manufacturing industry, will be a strong advantage.
4) Good understanding of contract law, law relating to international trade and shipping.
5) Fluent English (written and spoken) with Thai proficiency a strong advantage, and Khmer useful.
6) Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS products (Word and Excel). Experience with MS Project, Primavera or other project-management software may be advantageous. Experience with Purchasing, CMMS or P2P systems.
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321