Assistant Technical Manager
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH115610
Location: England, East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston Upon Hull
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Date posted: 25/10/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Assistant Technical Manager
My client is one of the UK's best known manufacturers of value added meat products. They require an Assistant Technical Manager to join their state-of-the-art Hull facility as soon as possible.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for Assistant Technical Managers to join the busy Technical team.
The main purpose of the role is in-part responsible for the Technical operation and systems for the site, maintaining technical standards, in line with legislation and customer requirements. Ensuring the members of the technical team are also effectively implementing and managing in line with legislative and customer operating standards.
The main duties are:
* Responsible for product quality, safety and legality.
* Liaison with suppliers and customers.
* Ensuring that the company's quality systems are fully compliant with current standards and customer requirements.
* Ensuring that any customers KPIs are supplied in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Maintenance of the HACCP Food Safety Plan.
* Deputising for the Technical Manager in leadership of the HACCP Food Safety Team.
* Helps to develop expertise across the site, fully understanding the processes and constraints, to continuously improve food safety, legality and quality compliance across the site, in conjunction with other members of the operations team.
* Keeping abreast of changes in technology, legislation and customer requirements to ensure that the company is always fully conversant with the latest information.
* Responsible for retrieving data, compiling and presenting ad hoc technical reviews to site and company senior management.
* Able to lead site technical audits and visits.
* Ensuring all specifications are in place, signed and up-to-date.
* Management of monthly site KPI reports.
* Management of the interface between Technical and NPD.
* Responsible for ensuring that complaint investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible.
* Responsible for ensuring that internal contamination incident investigations are completed in a timely, yet thorough manner, with root cause analysis completed and documented and preventative actions implemented to either reduce or eliminate the risk of recurrence where possible (in conjunction with other departments).
* Leads independent projects as and when the need arises, ensuring that all company, legislative, customer and 3rd party accreditation body standards are considered.
* Undertake such ad-hoc duties as maybe required to benefit the business.
Please apply online or contact Gilbert Gregory on 0161 227 4918 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office