The Associate II of Syndications is responsible for assisting in the execution and ongoing management of syndicated loans for broad range of banking, often public and global enterprises. Clients include technology, life science, energy and resource innovation, and wine companies which generate revenue from $50 million to $1 billion. Be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team consisting of bright, energetic, and industry-confident individuals striving to help clients achieve their financial goals.
This role will provide broad lending exposure with the opportunity to work across all US regions and occasional European credits. The Associate II will work across all innovation sectors including Technology, Life Sciences, Sponsor Finance, Wine, Energy Resource and Innovation and Private Equity and will gain exposure to all financing products including Cash Flow Lending, Asset Based Lending, Recurring Revenue, Project Finance and Capital Call lines.
An Associate II in this role would:
- Facilitate team interaction throughout organization, including internal banking teams, credit teams, loan operations and legal counsel, as well as external teams, to provide optimal loans structures for led transactions
- Interface and play a strong role in deal team coordination for syndicated transactions
- Assist in the follow up on referrals for prospective clients and assists in the presentation of syndicated loan products
- Develop syndication offering memoranda for transactions
- Assist with the internal due diligence process and actively engage with lenders at partner institutions to support their diligence processes through answering financial, strategy-based and credit structure questions
- Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the transaction through closing and ongoing monitoring
- Support the loan closing process and ongoing agency services
- Assist in providing loan market insight and guidance on syndicated financings; including tracking comparable transactions for led and non led debt issuances
- Provide updates on industry and loan markets for use internally and externally
- Maintain updates for syndication marketing materials; including tombstones
- Maintain investor data site for diligence on new transactions and ongoing communication for existing transactions
- Work with other potential or participating banks' credit and relationship teams to answer credit, strategy and finance questions.
- Travel likely within US to corporate customers to participate in customer diligence and for lender meetings.
- Will have broad lending exposure and have opportunity to work across all US regions and occasional European credits; will work across all innovation sectors including Technology, Life Sciences, Sponsor Finance, Wine, Energy Resource and Innovation and Private Equity; will work with all financing products including Cash Flow Lending, Asset Based Lending, Recurring Revenue, Project Finance and Capital Call lines.
- Must be excellent team player
- Excellent verbal, writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in addition to providing organization and leadership to deal teams
- Must be able to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of bank operations
- Superior financial modeling abilities
- Knowledge of loan markets and pricing, a plus; credit analysis skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA/CFA a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of recent, relevant work experience in corporate lending/finance
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.