Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : ET-AE-GL
Location: Scotland, Glasgow
Sector: Design & Engineering, Civil Engineering, Built Environment
Salary: £45000 - £54000 per annum + 20% Bonus
Date posted: 01/02/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
£45,000 + 20% Bonus
I am currently recruiting for an Automation Engineer. We are looking for an experienced individual to improve, develop and maintain automation systems throughout the organisation in order to support the business.
This is the ideal time to join my well known client as an automation engineer wanting to take an exciting next step in their career. They are offering an excellent salary and package.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* Respond immediately to automation breakdowns in the factory.
* To undertake automation projects or part projects from initial conception to completion and ensure that project work meets internally generated specifications.
* Develop ideas to improve efficiency and operation.
* Administer and archive automation software to ensure successful replacement of all automation systems and maintain all automation records and documentation.
* To undertake site work at other work based in other production facilities as directed by the Chief Engineer and able to work extended hours and provide out of hours support to ensure that filling lines are running normally.
* Produce detailed technical documentation for purchasing and training manuals and maintain company standards and quality of our product at all times.
* Ordering of parts and close monitoring of spares and material resource.
* Prioritisation of workload.
Key skills & experience
* It is essential to have minimum HNC/HND in Engineering.
* A degree in engineering discipline is desirable.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Proactive time management skills and able to work as part of a cohesive cross functional team as well as on own.
* Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
* Self-driven, pro-active and reliable.
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
* Keen to explore and utilise new technology.
If you are ready for the next opportunity in your career with an outstanding company that guarantees career progression please apply ASAP.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office