Big Data Engineer - Scala and Spark
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH118774
Sector: NPI & Product Engineering, R and D
Salary: S$8000 - S$12000 per annum + 15 to 20% annual bonus
Date posted: 10/01/2018
Work on feature development and enhancement, performance analysis and optimization, continuous software integration and deployment - both on-prem and in the cloud, through container and virtualization technologies.
You will work with 18 highly skilled polyglot engineers in Singapore split into 3 scrum teams across the entire product including live data streaming tools.
The environment follows Agile methodologies, specifically scrum, and test driven development ( TDD , CI/CD ). Lots of freedom and flexibility in the role to suit personal work life balance.
developing enterprise tools and solutions for WiFi location analytics
* Well versed in Big Data tools and management.
* Comfortable with Linux setup and configuration
* Have experience with cloud deployments
* Familiar with agile development methodology
* Familiar with MapReduce-based platforms, like Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark, Shark.
* Familiar with data pipeline tools like Kafka, Storm, Spark Streaming.
* Familiar with databases like Parquet, Druid, MongoDB.
* Familiar with functional programming languages, like Scala.
* Faimilar with DevOps tools like Docker containers.
* More than 3-5 years of software development experience.
* Have built and deployed server-side applications.
* Knowledge of scalable software architecture.
* Have development experience within the Linux operating system
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office
Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd
Agency License Number: 13C6321