Our client is a leading fund manager who invest in renewable power generation projects and assets in Europe and are looking for an experienced Asset Engineer for their Biomass and energy from waste plants. You will be responsible for reviewing and assessing the performance of the asset managers and plants under their control, ensuring that issues are addressed by appropriate parties in time, and commercial/financial impacts are communicated within the Asset Management Team. This is a full time permanent position paying £65,000-£75,000 p/a gross + bonus + package dependant on experience.
Biomass Asset Engineer duties and responsibilities:
* Manage the technical performance of the biomass and energy from waste (EfW) part of the portfolios
- Identify and remedy individual biomass or EfW plants' issues, and application across the portfolio or funds.
- Support the construction of new projects (biomass or EfW) through external providers
- Support the Technical Manager on biomass or EfW related plant issues, improvements, and projects.
- Coordinate work output from and to internal and external providers (asset managers, developers, legal counsel, technical advisors, contractors, insurance advisors)
- Report internally on asset issues, performance, and impact on the SPV & fund (both internally to the team, and to the Asset Management Committee)
- Report externally as required to investors, lenders, insurance, and regulatory bodies.
- Support the investment team on acquisition, financing, re-finance, and divestment of assets.
- Review of TCMA reports and preparation of monthly & quarterly asset management reports.
Biomass Asset Engineer desired experience:
- Construction or Operational management experience (either direct or through asset management) of biomass, EfW or conventional thermal power plant
- Contract management (EPC, O&M, TCMA) including application of contract clauses, development of contract clauses and review of contracts.
- Awareness of commercial drivers/impacts as a result of decisions and timelines.
- Understanding of project finance transaction and application in the load period (i.e requirements to be met by the borrower)
- Dynamic ability to prioritise workload, based on various drivers (for example, health & safety, revenue expectations, plant integrity, value protection)
- Commitment to deadlines (imposed and self-imposed)
- Strong communication skills
- Solid IT Skills (MS Office, MS Project)
- Additional European languages are a bonus (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German or French)
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office