Biomass Commercial Asset Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH117150
Location: England, London
Sector: Energy From Waste, Renewables
Date posted: 18/01/2018
This vacancy has now expired.
Have you got experience turning around distressed construction projects in the power industry? Our client is a large fund manager focused on Renewable energy and is looking for a Biomass Commercial Asset Engineer to join their team in the UK on 1 year Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for tracking the progress of the construction assets, including site progress, commercial position and agreements, subcontractor performance, accuracy of main contractor reporting and communication.
Biomass Commercial Asset Engineer duties and responsibilities:
* Provide technical support to the Technical General Manager on the management of the biomass power generation portfolio.
* Participate in construction progress meetings, internal oversight meetings, and site visits.
* Ensure contractual communication is prepared and responded to accordingly, either by the Owner the MSA or the Engineer. This includes for example; variation requests, extension of time claims, force majeure claims and contractual reporting requirements.
* Ensure project documentation (technical, commercial and legal) is available and maintained.
* Coordinate work products from external advisors (developers, lawyers, technical advisors, debt providers, EPC contractors, etc) during construction
* Oversight on the warranty management and punch list close out
* Validation of the MSA progress and update reports
* Coordination of MSA outputs to third parties (OFGEM, EA, Councils, etc…)
* Preparation of the Monthly & Quarterly Asset Management Reports
* Determine asset improvements and performance enhancements including lifetime extension projects
Biomass Commercial Asset Engineer desired experience:
* Min 5 years relevant working experience
* Flexible with ability to travel to sites in the UK frequently
* Construction management experience gained with construction or utility company preferably in the thermal power industry.
* Commercial management including contract negotiation or application (EPC and construction contracts)
* Excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder relationship skills
* Project management experience in large energy projects desirable, especially working with EPC contracts using MF/1 or FIDIC.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office