Job type: Contract
Job reference: : BBBH120642
Location: England, Middlesex, Wembley
Sector: Build, Site Management & Planning, Built Environment
Salary: £30 - £35 per hour + Extended Contract, Immediate Start
Date posted: 06/02/2018
Building Management System (BMS) Engineer
Wembley, 40 hours a week, 8.30 - 5.15
The client is a strategic business organisation operating in automation and control systems. They install and maintain systems that help to keep buildings and facilities safe, cost-efficient, secure and comfortable. They specialize in the servicing of critical building systems, including but not limited to; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), fire, security, building automation and energy management.
The client are currently looking for a BMS engineer to carry out routine maintenance, commissioning and fault finding on their site at Wembley stadium. Effective repair and first line escalation to all supported BMS products onsite.
* Maintenance testing, start up technical support of BMS Products
* Service and maintenance of 3rd party equipment
* Perform PPM Maintenance, re-active & commissioning works on BMS systems. The sale of small works & equipment is also covered in the engineers remit
* Perform and provide counsel on expert emergency, maintenance, testing, and start-up
* Technical support across BMS subsystems from simple to moderately complex in nature. Performs or provides counsel on diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems (both hardware and software.
* Service and maintenance of Honeywell and third party equipment (as per trade expertise).
* Day to day servicing, calibrations and maintenance; including diagnoses and repairs faults in BMS equipment.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
* Ideally you will have an apprenticeship in the BMS Industry or equivalent or City & Guilds, BTEC, ONC/HNC qualification HVAC/BMS.
* Previous experience of servicing BMS systems down to component level
* Ability to Implement and adjust BMS strategies through software programmes/Laptop Computer (CARE)
Knowledge of products such as
o CARE Programme Software (CBUS Topologies and control strategies)
o XL500 Controllers
o LON Works
o XL10/XL12 FCU controllers
o LNEX Software
o LIP (LON over IP)
o BNA (Building Network Adaptors)
o XL800 Controllers
o Risk and Method Statements
o Operations and Manuals
o Risk Assessor
* The desire and ability to continually develop skills in line with business requirements and customer needs.
* The ability to identify and satisfy customer needs.
* The ability to identify and satisfy commercial opportunities.
* The ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with internal and external customers at all levels including third parties
* The ability to work within clearly defined Quality Management Systems.
* Familiarity with Health & Safety regulations and the ability to work within customer controlled environments.
* Positive behaviors and can do attitude
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office