The Integration Engineer is responsible for implementing our building management platform in commercial buildings and achieving project objectives. S/he works closely with the Project Manager, Account Executive, Project Sponsor and Customer Success Team to execute the project objectives. The Integration Engineer has a working knowledge of building systems and experience in connecting to them via standard open protocols such as BACnet or proprietary ones on occasion. The building systems connected to our platform include HVAC controls systems, meter data management systems, access control systems, elevator systems and IoT devices. S/he may also assist in the strategic planning for the department. The Integration Engineer must be an excellent communicator at all levels within the project environment, be proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities, and be able to adapt to a dynamic and potentially geographically dispersed project environment. The Integration Engineer reports to the Project Manager and may be responsible for multiple installations.
The ideal candidate has professional experience in real estate and technology, and is excited by complex, open-ended, and real-world building challenges. The role is based out of New York, and requires traveling locally on a regular basis.
- Integration of building systems
- Work with and train Building Engineers, Account Managers and Executives when implementing BMS
- Responsible for meeting project scope and schedule
- Works with Project Manager in reviewing and approve design, commissioning, and installation plans
- Implement and enforce change control over project scope, schedule, resources, and budget.
- Continually identify and proactively manage project risks & issues
- Prepares final project closure documentation for customers
- Oversight of installation subcontractors for compliance to design and implementation scope
- Analyze building automation systems and recommend changes to improve functionality and/or energy efficiency or to accomplish ECMs
- Provide technical training and support both internally and externally
- Other duties may be assigned
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Proven excellence in commercial building system integration
- Very strong analytical thinker with a passion to execute on projects
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Fast learner with a strong technical acumen
- Excels independently and in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of HVAC equipment and systems
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of access and/or building automation systems
- Organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, listening effectively and soliciting input from others
- Four (4) year college engineering or technical degree required or equivalent work experience
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification preferred
- Other Professional certifications (LEED, CEA, etc.) a plus
- One to Five years related work experience
- A minimum of one-year related work experience required in the building automation/controls and/or installation of mechanical HVAC equipment
- Working experience with building automation vendors (Tridium, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, Alerton, Automated Logic, ec.) highly preferred
- IT knowledge is highly preferred
Spencer Ogden is the global energy, engineering and infrastructure recruiter of choice.
By providing end to end full project life-cycle services across a range of sectors, we are able to offer a unique 360 degree service to our clients. With a strong presence in key locations, we are strategically placed to accommodate the needs of clients and candidates alike. Since 2010, our wealth of expertise and influence in over 10 sectors has enabled us to successfully exceed our clients' expectations on time, every time. We represent professionals at all levels and recruit for clients internationally within:
Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Nuclear, Renewable Smart Energy, Finance, Mining, Rail, Automotive, and Built Environment
As a company we are committed to delivering high quality candidates to our clients and providing a world-class service by investing in the best people, infrastructure, services and training. We have established an innovative culture and new way of recruiting that has been recognized by multiple awards and accreditations, including: 'The Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade', IS09001, 'International Growth Business of the Year' at the 2014 National Business Awards, Sunday Times 'Fast Track 100' company and a Sunday Times 'International Track 200' company.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.