Spencer Ogden is looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Denver office. We are seeing record numbers despite the market conditions, and are looking for someone to join and assist us in growing our North American business even further.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of accounts. This is achieved through outside sales activity, qualification of prospective clients and the development of existing client accounts. This role may also be responsible for interviewing, screening, and testing applicants to determine their skill set in order to assess appropriate placement opportunities.
Spencer Ogden is a privately owned, international recruitment agency with over 400 employees across 15 offices globally. We were founded in January 2010, by David Spencer-Percival, the entrepreneur who sold Huntress Search to Nomura Private Equity 7 years after starting the company; and Sir Peter Ogden, the former Morgan Stanley investment banker who has founded both Computacenter, Europe’s leading I.T. services company with $4 billion revenues and Dealogic, the financial services company.
Spencer Ogden services every facet of the energy industry, including technology, finance, engineering, consulting etc. Our U.S. division’s headquarters are based in Houston which opened in August 2012. Last year we expanded our office network to Orlando, Denver, Calgary, and New York.
- Execute effective business development activities including: sourcing and qualifying clients, identifying decision makers, establishing client relationships, completing company and department profiles/org charts, building relationships with internal recruiters, marketing candidates, identifying cross-selling opportunities and scheduling client visits.
- Responsible for selling staffing solutions to prospective clients in need of professionals for temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire assistance.
- Creating action-oriented account plans to build out large accounts
- Maintain accurate and current profiles on all current and targeted potential clients.
- Meeting with clients regularly to monitor and assist various phases of the sales cycle
- Participate in daily information sharing with management and staff to ensure account maintenance and maximum revenue development.
- Manage territory effectively; maintain current competitor/ market knowledge.
- Consistently monitor candidate pool relating to competitive salaries in local market.
- Negotiate bill rates to maintain GM%.
- Maintain minimum standard performance measures including weekly activity requirements for connects, interviews and leads, as well as established monetary productivity requirements.
- Assist in the recruiting efforts of the team per management direction.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years of business to business sales experience (preferably in the staffing industry)
- Strong negotiation and contract skills
- Organized and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience taking job orders and working with the recruiting team and clients to close orders
- Team oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree
At Spencer Ogden, we recognize the hard work and diligence our team members put into everything that they do. Our employees are the most important part of our business and we understand the value in investing in the best people, infrastructure and training.
Our employees receive world-class training and support as well as a lucrative salary, uncapped commission structure and an excellent benefits package. Organic growth is important to us at Spencer Ogden, and continued training and education is offered throughout your career through annual sales training and leadership development courses.
There are also dozens of performance-based incentives including iPads, $100’s on the bell, and trips to Las Vegas, NYC and Ibiza.
Compensation: Competitive base salary + commission structure
Additional benefits include:
-Paid vacation time-off
-Paid sick time-off
-Global travel opportunities