Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of this role is to achieve revenue targets through the sale of the clients power and temperature control products and services in the territory.
- Meet monthly revenue targets.
- Create a portfolio of new business customers, identifying new opportunities / customers in the assigned territory.
- Develop / build a network of sustainable contacts within the assigned territory.
- Conduct presentations of products and solutions to existing and potential customers.
- Receive and generate enquiries from customers, quoting for the work, negotiating contracts and securing orders.
- Build a robust sales pipeline and forecast that will yield future profitable revenue streams
- Capitalise on new opportunities by creating compelling customer solutions and proposals
- Confidently articulate and present clients products, services and value proposition
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients processes and systems
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues from sale to implementation
- Ensure all customer and opportunity details are managed and maintained in the Customer Relationship
- Management (CRM) system in line with clients procedures.
- Prepare and implement Territory Sales Plans (TSP) for the assigned territory, detailing strategy, objectives and planned activity
- Execute comprehensive customer account plans and sales opportunity plans
- Provide proactive information about relevant market activities within the assigned territory or market sector.
- Build and maintain an in-depth knowledge and a network of relevant contacts across the opportunity scope area of industry focus and the wider business community
- Proactively provide industry and market intelligence to the wider clients community
- Develop a detailed knowledge of competitive products and services in area of operation
- Monitor competitors' activities and submit accurate competitor information on a monthly basis.
- Act as a subject matter expert point of reference for cross-functional colleagues
- Deliver all required reports, forecasts and CRM updates in a timely manner
- Client places a strong emphasis on Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental protection. It is a requirement and moral obligation of each employee to be actively committed and accountable for compliance to the clients Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and local legislation, and ensure completion and validity of all minimum QHSE training and objectives required by the company.
- Any other duties considered related essential for effective operations and service as requested.
- Be prepared to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally.
Person Specification / Academic background
- College/Associate's Degree in related field or equivalent
- Experienced in the assigned territory or market sector
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical sales
- Availability to travel as and when required
- Requires frequent visits to clients
- Has knowledge in mechanical or electrical field or both
- A comprehensive knowledge of the roles geography and industry
- A successful track record in high value technically complex B2B sales, including high value contracts
- The ability to communicate concisely and confidently
- Fluent command of local and English language, spoken and written
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills
- Successful development and execution of Territory Sales plans
- Demonstrable success in leading high value technical proposals, bids and tenders
- The financial and commercial acumen to construct high value complex proposals
Please contact Dan @ Spencer Ogden, Singapore on the following contact details or alternatively send your CV to:
T: +65 3163 5031
For more information about this role please contact our Singapore office Spencer Ogden Energy Pte Ltd Agency License Number: 13C6321