My client is looking for a Business Development manager to work in the Transmission & distribution sector of the business.
The role is Uk based with the option to work remotely from home or at the nearest company office to home with an attractive salary and benefits and the chance to join a successful and gorwing company I the industry.
Summary of Role:
The company is part of a leading advanced automation and real-time business intelligence company specialising in Control, IT Solutions and also Services with major customers in the Utilities, Transmission markets and many more. The Company is renowned for its innovation, technical excellence, project delivery, quality and safety.
- Accountable for driving business development in their market segment; achieving agreed sales targets for new customers and new business, sales targets for organic growth and maximising the gross margin during contract delivery.
- Support the business by representing the company in their business area, developing and owning (as appropriate and agreed) specific customer relationships and building reputation.
- Develop a growth strategy for their market segment which clearly identifies available industry streams, market segments and customers.
- Develop a sales plan for their particular market sector that sets out the opportunities in detail and provides the business leaders with the information necessary to make decisions.
- Ensures the growth strategy and sales plan is sufficiently balanced between ambitious but achievable and that identifies business opportunities from new customers and organic growth from current customers.
- Work collaboratively with all departments, particularly Business Development and Finance, to develop effective matrix management working, embedding effective governance of bids, resource and risk management, and leveraging best practices.
- Evidence of creating and growing sales to the benefit of a business
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent commercial acumen and negotiation skills with a drive for outstanding customer service and high performance culture.
- Good understanding of business development performance drivers and able to demonstrate a broad knowledge and understanding automation control systems
- Can demonstrate a track record of producing and delivering a growth strategy and sales plan in complex industries and within their market.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and ability to deliver formal reports and presentations both internally and externally.
For more information about this role please contact our London office