Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy services. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected.
- Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
- Design and develops software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
- Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
- Translate Agile software development stories into one or more units of functionality, estimate level of effort, and track progress on a daily basis
- Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performance, and secure components
- Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
- Complete testing tasks for all developed code
- Computer Science BS/MS degree preferred (Non-CS BS/MS degree with other software related training considered)
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs
- Experience with high throughput, scaleable, systems
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.