A nationally recognized engineering consulting company has an opening for a designer/drafter in the Water & Natural Resources business unit in the Denver, Colorado, office. The Water & Natural Resources projects generally are in the areas of drainage and flood control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incorporate survey information into design drawings
- Prepare drawings, including plans, sections, profiles, details, and sketches, to support project designs
- Plan and design channels, concrete box culvert crossings, ponds, storm sewers, and underground utilities
- Interface with internal and external contacts
- Plan, schedule, and conduct civil design work under the supervision of a Civil Engineer
- Issue interim and final design drawings as required by the project schedule
- Evaluate and incorporate comments to design documents
- Create as-built/record drawings
- Manage drawing files.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering civil designs, including site layout, piping services, and site grading projects
- Strong technical skills related to CADD standards and automation
- Post-high school education in drafting and technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to prepare electronic drawing files within project standards, using three-dimensional modeling/surface models, sketches, layouts, project instructions, and notes
- Ability to establish close working relationship with project delivery teams
- Strong working knowledge of advanced drafting practices and familiarity with CADD principles (e.g., text placement and editing, layering, snap, and precision input)
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Microsoft
- Knowledge with Adobe products.
In addition to the above qualifications, the ideal candidate would have the following skills:
- Experience with Autodesk Civil3D
- Experience with Bentley Inroads is preferable
- Exposure to Bentley Projectwise is preferable
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams in multiple geographic offices
- High-level of organizational skills with a good attitude, strong leadership skills, and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Ability to set priorities and manage change to meet the business needs and project schedules while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to establish close working relationships with project delivery teams and illustrate knowledge of civil processes as they pertain to collaboration and coordination between disciplines
- Excellent verbal, communication, and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new software, products, concepts, techniques and help develop new practices and standards.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.