Under broad direction, uses cementing knowledge and experience to develop the cementing job design to meet customer requirements, including preliminary job calculations, running computer simulations, designing fluid systems, submitting lab test requests and reviewing and approving test results, performing risk assessments, verifying the design meets regulatory requirements, and providing cost estimates for the planned operation.
- Provides operational expertise including operational instructions and identifying resources required to perform the job.
- Independently performs post job analysis, provides recommendations for improvement, implements agreed improvements for subsequent jobs and shares learning with the Cementing Team and advertises success by writing, publishing and presenting case histories and industry papers (for example SPE).
- Develops and maintains personal relationships with the technical customer base to effectively sell tailored cement solutions.
- Collaborating with customer office based drilling and / or production engineers, uses cementing knowledge to tailor solutions to meet their requirements and internal commercial expectations, considering both the price of the solution to the customer, including consideration for solutions and pricing offered by competitors, as well as the total cost to internally to deliver it.
- Understands the Business Acquisition Process.
- Assists with tender preparation and the development of customer specific Performance Optimization Plans (POP).
- Sells new technology and processes identified in the POP plans to maximize profitability and / or market share.
- Performs technical investigations of irregular jobs and initiates, reviews, and closes CPIs (Correction, Prevention, Improvement) pertaining to job design and technology.
- Provides technical support at the well site as required by the customer or PSL.
- Involves verifying the job design using the final job input parameters and the engineering tools originally used to design the job.
- Consults with PSLs regarding equipment needs and specifications and verifies all resources required for the cement design are available and meet local regulatory requirements.
- Assists PSL managers, using available performance metrics, to identify ways to improve materials, equipment and personnel utilization, reduce costs and increase service efficiency.
- Provides and consolidates chemical and casing equipment forecasts from across the designated area in sufficient time for deliveries to meet forecasted job dates while maintaining inventory targets (inventory levels, turn rates, slow moving, excess etc.).
- Mentors junior members of the cementing team, ensuring they follow the internal Management System and their development plans.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math discipline required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years' experience in cementing and requires completion of the required cementing competencies.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.