Job title / definition
: CFOReporting to : CEO of the GroupReplaced by / Back-up : Replaces / Back up for : Department : Finance DeptMain Mission and purpose:
The CFO is primarily responsible for managing the financial risks of the company. He assists the CEO on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of funding. His scope of responsibilities covers all the Consumer Goods business geographies and business lines. These comprise the manufacturing and distribution of their own food products as well as the distribution of third parties food and non-food products within a large range of lines (Frozen, Fresh, Cans, Baby Care, Beauty, Batteries, Confectionary, Dairy… and many others). The Chief Financial Officer's role is upmost strategic and important to ensure that the financial health of the global operations is maintained, improved and sustained over time. The CFO leads the Finance Department, activity and team of the Group of companies, supports and advises the CEO, the BOD, as well as provides support to the entities on various financial and strategic initiatives. He also builds the group's financial standards and guidelines, with the aim to preserve and improve the group's asset performance, optimize risk management, enhance the group's future sustainable development and preserve shareholders' equity and interests.Main Responsibilities:Provide leadership and guidance on strategic financial issues affecting the GROUP:
- Ensure that all financial reporting is accurate and timely according to the company standards.
- Manage the core financial functions: accounting, controlling, treasury, risk controlling, and internal reporting.
- Lead rigorous budgeting and forecasting with an emphasis on accountability for profitable growth.
- Improve continually the departmental/divisional/Group entity and project budgeting process by working with directors and managers.
- Work with marketing, sales, and operational leaders to improve financial performance.
- Provide strategic analysis to increase financial performance and business opportunities, including planning, forecasting and budgeting, advanced analysis of financial data and segment / customer profitability.
- Coordinate with external auditors & tax advisors to ensure compliance with local & international standards.
- Liaise with Internal Audit and insure timely and adequate corrective measures to comply with Internal Audit reports as well as be proactive for the implementation of all internal policies and procedures.
: Supervise the consolidation process at a group level, and ensure with his team that all documents and facts are prepared and consolidation done in a precise and timely manner at each entity level, according to a plan and corporate guidelines. Provide to the board and the managing director a complete report.Group treasury and cash management:
- Follow up on Current Accounts and Term Deposits to optimize return,
- Secure and optimize terms facilities from external banks
- Manage the FOREX needs and other related financial instruments
Financial performance analysis and reporting
- Ensure tax compliance, and establish group accounting structures and operating standards to be compliant with the fiscal regulations
- Provide assistance and advice to affiliated companies on all tax matters
in order to improve the return on equity and profitability of the Group:
- Analyse and advise about the various components of the assets, and any investments or divestments.
- Analyse the financial and business performance of each asset and entity, and provide recommendations
- Provide recommendation on securing an optimal liability distribution at group level
- Develop regular reporting and financial / business analysis, such as consolidated net result report, that will allow the board and the CEO to follow the company's activity and take sound decisions in due time.
- Define KPIs at Group level and ensure follow up of these KPIs at the entity level.
: Advise on how to put in place an efficient risk management system, and support its implementation.New business initiatives
: Upon request of the CEO and the BOD, analyze specific business initiatives and opportunities and advise on the preferred course of action and strategy. Support the implementation of these new initiatives in close collaboration with the key stakeholders.Group Standards and policies
: Develop and support implementation of common operating procedures across the Group of companies, in a common agreement with the entities; make recommendations about procedures and policy changes.Team Management
: develop, motivate and support his/her team in the different areas within his/her scope of responsibility and ensure an efficient interaction with the other entities of the Group.Key competences and Experiences required for the job:
Nationality: Lebanese National EDUCATION: BA in Finance / Accounting, CPA / CFA. Master in Finance is a plus. EXPERIENCE: 15+ years of experience with a minimum of 10 in accounting/finance and 3-5 years as a CFO in a multi-entity operation (an activity with several subsidiaries, divisions, countries...). Any candidate applying for this position must have worked extensively in a multi-country multi product/business lines environment as the combination of these provide the knowledge and the experience for managing the complexities of such operations. Since financial cohesiveness and consistency are more and more essential as business grows and expands further in other geographies (Asia, Americas…).
Experience in the FMCG industry is a major plus or a similar business environment.PROFESSIONAL SKILLS The CFO cleverly balances his time and his Team's between all aspects of Finance and Accounting : Solid accounting principles everywhere, including cost accounting, Financial Reporting, Treasury Management, Investment opportunities, Real Estate Mngt (Rent/Buy), and ensures Finance is a competitive Understanding of the business environment and experience in an environment related to industry/ distribution/ retail environment Solid experience and skills acting as Senior Business Partner, dealing and collaborating with the CEO and senior management Solid experience of people management Strategic thinking and analytical skills with good judgment and ability to assess situations and risks. Translate the strategic vision into implementable plans. This is a key requirement so that the link is established with Sales, Supply Chain, Mktg, Mnfg… as everyone's financial awareness contributes to the overall financial health.PERSONALITY / SOFT SKILLS AND PERSONAL APTITUDES Client and solution oriented, keeping a business mindset and a pragmatic judgment Leadership skills to manage his team of professionals and to reach out to the managers in every branch of the business and also to the external players such as banks, auditors and financial partners at Clients and Suppliers. Good interpersonal and communication skills; capability to deal and influence at all levels. Entrepreneurial mindset with initiative Team player and strong collaborative capabilities Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage priorities and time Emotional stability, maturity and ability to perform under pressure and to deal with conflictual situations Flexibility, agility and ability to adapt to the context and culture High level of responsibility, sense of loyalty, business ethics and humility
For more information about this role please contact our Dubai office