Spencer Ogden are seeking an experienced change and release manager for a permanent position based near Basingstoke.
Our client are a major player in smart energy, which is shaping the world in making our energy smarter and more efficient. As a global player, they have worked tirelessly on several key projects to be a market leader in their field.
Due to growth they are seeking the change and release manager to provide a single pint of contact for internal department and external suppliers and be responsible for all change and release functions.
AS the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Single point of contact for Software and Hardware Release and Change Management processes
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert for Change and Release Management functions
- Own and govern the Change and Release process by instilling best practice policies and procedures and measuring compliance
- Proactive anticipation and mitigation of change challenges and risks
- Coordinate with all necessary parties to perform Change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules
- Review all implemented Changes to ensure that they have met their objectives. Refer back any that have been backed out or have failed
- Publish testing and deployment plans, conduct release plan reviews where necessary and participate in release control gates
- Manage supplier change control process, changes notified by suppliers are identified, reviewed, risk assessed and form part of our internal change control process.
- Produce regular and accurate management reports on KPIs and SLAs impacting Change and Release management function
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 year's experience in release and change management or a similar role.
- Experience in a software release and change management role highly desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and possible certified in ITIL foundation
- Must have worked in a direct customer facing role, mastering the art of negotiating time-lines, project managing release schedules and enhancing customer experience.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Experience of Software Agile Project Management desirable.
- Experience of Software Version Control desirable and Release Letter Content mandatory
- Experience of Tool Chains supporting Agile development (JIRA, Version Control, Automated Regression Systems) desirable
- PRINCE2 certified an asset
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits
For more information about this role please contact our London office