Chief Electrical Estimator
Job Type: Permanent
Job reference: :
Job Reference: SO_93926DEMD
Location: USA, California, Bakersfield
Sector: Design & Engineering, Building Services, Built Environment
Date Posted: 31/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
The Chief Electrical Estimator is responsible for estimating work as scheduled by the PCS Manager for bid. Estimator will prepare cost estimates for electrical projects, bid projects, prepare portions of contract proposal estimates, communicate with clients, vendors, engineers, architects, building officials, owners, contractors and subcontractors, determine scope of work, review design options and price all field change orders. This position is located in Bakersfield, Calif.
* Prepares cost estimates from design conception to basic design as requested for project purposes
* Examines and reviews unusual cost records and ensures costs data is allocated correctly within the construction environment
* Updates organizational cost standards on a regular basis for new projects
* Tracks market prices for construction costs, equipment, material and labor
* Education: Four-year business or engineering degree or equivalent experience (minimum of 5 years).
* Experience: 5 years minimum electrical field experience
* Experience: 5 years minimum as an estimator
* Standards: NEC, NFPA, UL and ISA, as related to design and documentation
* Classifications: Area classification requirements as related to design and documentation
* Wiring: techniques, color-coding, sizing and de-rating, and insulation classifications
* Plans: Able to read and interpret one-line diagrams, schematics, P&IDs, layout drawings and wiring diagrams and modify them for optimization
* Applications: Proficient in computer software including MS Office and McCormick estimating software
* Health and dental plans
* Paid vacations and holidays
* Life Insurance
* Short and long term disability plans
* Pension plan
* Two profit sharing plans
* Incentive and recognition programs
* Relocation assistance
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.