- Responisible for capital and operating planning, scheduling and forecasting in a rolling 24-month period, integrating guidance from Integrated Business Planning, Operations, Reliability, Geology including diamond drilling, Ground Control, Seismic Risk Management and Ventilation.
- Accountable for the creation of the monthly plans for execution by Operations.
- Accountable for providing the key drivers for the creation of the operating budget, based on company strategic guidance.
- Responsible for the creation of the 5-year capital plan.
- Responsible for estimating EBITDA and cashflows and leading discussions with Operations on performance improvements.
- Responsible to assist with monthly deviation analysis process, when the deviation analysis points to a corrective action required in the planning work.
- Accountable for the creation of all 20 scale driving layouts and ensuring accurate stoping plan estimates, including re-evaluations when required.
- As the lead mine engineer on site, the incumbent will act as the career champion for all EITs, Engineers and other MTS technical staff development at the mine site. Responsible for EIT Program Progression and non-Engineering technical staff career progression and other technical staff members at the mine site.
- Responsible to ensure the capability of the technical team are meeting the expected performance level. Coach, mentor, develop and to the extent necessary create performance improvement plans, as required.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in mining engineering. Professional Engineering designation is required.
A minimum of 8 - 10 years of related experience is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Integrated Business Planning cycles
- Skilled in mineral finance, understanding EBITDA, simple and free cash flow, budget drivers, cutoff policies and NPV, along with understanding KPIs, performance drivers and constraining processes.
- Knowledge of underground mine design, mining engineering, scheduling, and high level of understanding of underground mining activities, along with the interactions of these areas
- Knowledge of engineering planning software (Mine2-4D, EPS, MineCAD, Deswik, Vulcan) is recommended.
- Knowledge of mining standards and guidance documents.
- People Development and Engagement, practicing active genuine care, and promotes a safe, healthy and open work environment that values diversity
- Strategic and Business orientation, contributing to the development and implementation of strategic plans, balancing short and long-term goals, with the accountability to hold operations to account.
- Facilitates changes, acting with resilience, adaptability and flexibility when facing adversity and changes.
- Decision Making, having the courage and ability to make the best decision for the company, based on our values.
- Relationship and Collaboration, promotes a work environment of dialogue, knowledge sharing, organisational learning and an openness to new idea
For more information about this role please contact our London office