Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH109119
Location: Belgium, Brussels
Sector: Chemical, Onshore, Oil and Gas
Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + Car
Date posted: 28/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
The Continuous Improvement Engineer position will assist in plant operations contributing towards improving manufacturing efficiencies by utilising continuous improvement techniques.
To contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Be a "leaser of change". This person must be comfortable working with all levels within the
organization. They must be able to question the status quo and be a strong communicator.
2. Will be responsible for managing and leading continuous improvement projects, as well as mentoring and coaching green belts.
3. Apply Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology in the implementation of manufacturing excellence initiatives.
4. Manage a portfolio of lean projects directed at reducing waste and improving quality to provide greater valve; implements such tools as: 5S, KPI, SMED, VSM, and Kaizen.
5. Train and lead cross-functional continuous improvement teams; focusing on measurable quality, service and cost improvements; mentor green belts.
6. Implements a formal six sigma program that focuses on reducing process and product variation. Implements such tools as: SPC, Process Capability, Pareto analysis, Fishbone, SMED, DOE.
7. Trains, coaches and motivates personnel in the understanding and adoption of new principles and techniques.
8. Drives the standardization of processes and the implementation of metrics and best practices.
9. Assist in setting annual operational targets and help drive improvements to achieve those targets.
10. Conduct training pertaining to Health, Safety, and Environmental.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For more information about this role please contact our London office