Civil Engineer/Designer - Municipal
Spencer Ogden is currently seeking a Civil Engineer/Designer for our cleint's Public Services group in Minnetonka, MN. This individual will assist Project Managers with the planning, design and construction of various municipal, transportation, and utility projects.
The client supports a dynamic, collaborative work environment and we embrace challenging projects and work hard to help our clients find success. We are a vibrant organization that believes integrity, value, and outstanding service are the foundations of a great company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with writing technical and feasibility studies
- Perform design calculations, quantity take-offs, and cost estimates
- Prepare preliminary and final designs using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Assist with the preparation of construction plans and specifications
- Conduct construction inspection including plan interpretation, record keeping, and quantity tracking
- Maintain and organize project files in the network project folder
- Communicate and coordinate project work with all project team members
- Assist in maintaining client relationships by providing exceptional services and quality through our deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1-5 years related engineering work experience preferred
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with construction engineering experience and MnDOT certifications for Bituminous Street 1&2, Concrete Field 1&2, Grade & Base 1&2.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong self-motivation, communication skills (verbal and written), leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks on multiple projects keeping strong attention to detail
- Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean driving record
About the client
The client is an Award Winning Twin Cities-based professional services firm that specializes in engineering, planning, surveying, and environmental services. Since 1966, they have served public and private clients throughout Minnesota, North Dakota, and across the country. As a team member, you will have access to the resources you need, such as talented design team members, leadership, excellent client relationships and industry leading technology - which all help to further your career.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.