Spencer Ogden is looking for a Civil Engineer with 5-8 years of experience to join our client in Highlands Ranch, CO.
Are you looking for a dynamic change to a small business with a transparent vision and a team-oriented mentality? Do you want to be a part of a fast-growing culture with a diversified client base?
Are you a civil engineer with at least 5-8 years of work experience? Are you interested in being a senior level designer or even Project Engineer for your team? Do you have experience in storm drainage, water transmission and distribution, water transmission and storage, roadway design, or other utility infrastructure? Have you worked in private development, public infrastructure design, or federal installation infrastructure?
If you answered yes to these questions, we could have an opportunity for you!
This is a company that is growing quickly with sustainable goals for growth and development, and are looking to expand with the right hire that will fit into their culture, vision, and diversified portfolio. In this Civil Engineer position, you will work directly with the Project Engineer and Project Manager on private, federal, and local agency civil engineering projects located in Colorado and across the country.
This is a company that strives to offer their engineers diversity in workflow, and offers a wide variety of project types to all of their teams, including: residential homes, commercial and industrial sites, military base infrastructure, and local agency infrastructure. Your projects will include a wide variety of disciplines within the civil engineering field, such as water and sewer analysis and design, storm drainage modeling and Low Impact Design, and design and roadway infrastructure.
In addition, they have focused specifically on developing their culture and team-oriented mentality. They offer great benefits, employee-focused growth and development, and an open-door policy for our continued maturation as a company.
If you are interested in this position, please apply!
- Be a part of company and culture, whether you are the quiet one-on-one socializer or the group organizer
- Independent engineer with high levels of responsibility for design and execution of projects
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects
- Review studies of geotechnical, environmental, and transportation reports to identify engineering parameters and assess the potential impact to the projects
- Plan and design projects following construction and government standards, using design software and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Compute grading requirements with respect to earthwork balancing, shrinkage factors, overexcavation and groundwater considerations
- Ability to layout water and sewer plans based on flow study assessments and jurisdictional parameters
- Estimate quantities and complete cost-benefit analysis for materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility
- Prepare or present project deliverables, such as drawing packages, specifications, drainage reports, utility studies plats, and bid proposals to jurisdiction or the client
- Provide technical advice regarding design and construction to junior engineers
- Keep abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting engineering design
Required Skills & Experience
- 5-8 years of experience
- Fully proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D for designing and drafting
- BS in Civil Engineering
- Fundamental of Engineering (FE) or Professional Engineering (PE) certification
- Additional certifications, like PMP, CFM, LEED, are favorable
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.