Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH108187
Location: USA, Texas, College Station
Sector: T&D, Utilities
Date posted: 09/06/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Privately owned consulting firm looking for a Civil Engineer that will be responsible for transmission and substation foundation designs.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. is preferred but not required
- Experience in transmission/substation civil design
- Prior experience using PLS-CASS, LPILE, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, RISA 3D, and Microsoft office
Daily duties and responsibilities:
- Design new steel structures, model/analyze existing steel lattice structures, design reinforcements and concrete foundations all for transmission line projects
- Prepare construction drawings for electrical layout design, buswork, concrete foundations, breaker beams and structural connections on substation projects
- Ensure all project designs adhere to national and local codes such as ASCE, AISC, NESC, OSHA, etc.
Due to the company structure, this Engineer will have a massive opportunity to be involved in different projects and growth opportunities within the business.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office