Reports directly to the Regional Sales Director but with support from the Global CSD and other CSM colleagues. The role is to be accountable for the regional and group corporate development of three key business areas known commonly as Project, Procure and Prosper. It is understood there will be a minimum 70% contract revenue focus and 30% permanent revenue focus.
Primary role & responsibilities
Identify key capital projects across all key SO business streams at critical milestone junctions of new project generation, major contract award and commission stages. Secure opportunities for multiple stakeholder engagement with the clients involved. Present SO solutions and jointly secure business for the various regional teams. Report on key wins / losses for lessons learned.
Identify and track all tier 1 client supplier opportunities across core focus areas. To include but not limited to formal bid, tender or PSL type contract renewals / rebids. Engage a strategic sales approach well ahead of renewal of contracts to increase knowledge of SO services and build company Net promoters. Secure meetings for multiple stakeholder engagement up to and including RD and Board where required. Report on key wins / losses for lessons learned.
Hold accountability for the expansion of key account revenues through extension of services, introducing and presenting new solutions to non-engaged areas of the clients business, encouraging multiple stakeholder engagement including up to RD, Board member and CEO for Global / Regional Account. Lead all Key starred account activity for the agreed period. Track all KA re-tender opportunities to protect SO investment and ensure all contracts are approached for renewal well in advance.
- Bids and tenders. Work closely with Bid Manager in the completion of bids and act as bid sponsor for the opportunity. Attend bid kick off meetings and ensure all stakeholders remain on target to deliver bid information promptly to the Bid Manager to ensure all deadlines are met
- Client Marketing. Keep fresh and relevant all client marketing documentation. Build case study files for the region (and group). Champion Key Net Promoters within all key clients to keep them abreast of SO services. Deliver presentation refresh for all consultants and where appropriate assist SO Talent with their Grad on board training to deliver CS
- Key Stakeholder Engagement (SO). Ensure country managers and key team leaders have active contribution to CSM endeavours. Regular reporting on leads being followed and next actions. Drive a one team attitude with global CSM members for cross geo-graphical sell opportunities. Report back regularly on any client meetings or successful actions
- Client services. Maintain a solid regional knowledge base across the four key client service areas with a note to the two key secondary services. Produce key reports at agreed frequency to communicate and engage stakeholders internally. Work with marketing to produce key win press releases for internal and external promotion with client permission
Essential skills and requirements
- A strong understanding of international contracting within a recruitment service environment
- A keen grasp of verbal and written English
- Able to confidently project the image of SO in a presentation format
- Ideally experienced enough within SO to understand the DNA of our business
- Alternatively a proven history in an energy sector within a leadership sales role with multiple stakeholder engagement
- Able to show a keen understanding of the mechanics of a client and / or capital project
Desirable skills and requirements
- Multiple language skills are always useful
- Demonstrate key personal client net promoters from previous business relationships (ideally within core business sectors)
- Understand regional margin benchmark standards from differing sets of clients
- Understand trading currency and WHT impacts
- Understand regional mark-up builds for different candidate employment solutions