CNC Turner Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH126200
Location: England, Somerset, Yeovil
Sector: Project & Programme Engineering, Automotive
Date posted: 15/05/2018
Skilled CNC Turner
Our client are a provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military space and airport operations.
We are currently recruiting for Indentured/skilled workers to work on site at our offices in Yeovil. The role will involve CNC turning of Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, Specifications and Customer/Regulator Requirements, working within an empowered team environment to meet delivery requirements and reporting directly to the Team Lead.
The position of CNC Turner Operative holds the following responsibilities:-
* CNC programming, machining this will entail the programming, setting & running of 2 / 3 Axis Lathes
* OCQ - Operator Control of Quality
* To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard
* Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures
Qualifications & experience required:
* Engineering Apprenticeship (Desirable but not Essential)
* Knowledge of machining, specifically manual and CNC turning
* Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges
* High standard of Health & Safety
* Adhering to Company Processes & Procedures
* Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets
* Working with Designers and Engineers
* The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken
* The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative
* Any further training requirements will be provided:- PC skills (PDM & SAP), Manual Handling, Abrasive Wheels, 5 S's, Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.) and general Health & Safety
All successful candidates will need to apply for a Disclosure Scotland Criminal Recorded Check before starting on site.
All successful candidates will have to undergo drug screening before they start, and provide a negative result.
Rates of pay
Apprentice trained : £15.07
Please apply today if you would like to be considered for this role. For more information please call the Manchester office.
For more information about this role please contact our Manchester office