- Proven coating experience
- NACE Level 1 certification or higher
- Ability to interpret company standards by completing Inspector Testing Program
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and blue prints
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of preventative or counter measures available to minimize the environmental impacts of construction activities
- Well versed in policies, procedures, and practices regarding environmental construction projects (FERC)
- Must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of related codes, standards, and regulations that may be specific to their assignment; such as NACE and SSPC construction specificiations
- Observe the Contractor's progress and inspect all coating and painting activities in their assigned areas in accordance with Company drawings, plans, specifications and the terms of the construction contract or agreement.
- Keep the Chief Inspector aware of any daily problems and/or anticipated problems. Make immediate notification of any unsafe issue or a specification or applicable code violation.
- Will cooperate and work closely with the Repair/Cut-Out Welding Inspector, NDT, and Contractor's Representative to ensure that no repairs or cutout are coated and lowered-in.
- Ensure that all coating is done in conformance with contract specifications.
- Verify that the coating material is on the approved Company list.
- Ensure that all coating equipment meets contract specifications.
- Ensure that all pipes are properly dried and cleaned prior to coating.
- Ensure that all coated pipe is placed on suitable padded skids.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office