- 5+ years experience in pipe welding 6g on carbon steel
Weld Tests: (X-ray 2" Double Heavy Wall Carbon Steel Pipe)
Process: TIG 6G "Double Heavy Wall Carbon Steel Pipe"
"MIG Root", Flux Core Fill and Cap, 6G
In this senior level role, the welder joins, fabricates and repairs metal and other welding material by applying appropriate welding techniques. The welder welds together pipe fittings and metal components as specified by isometrics, work orders, or verbal instructions.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
· Be capable of performing all aspects of the Fabrication Department.
· Reads and understands P & ID drawings and other package layout drawings to determine appropriate welding process.
· Inspects complete welds to determine structural soundness.
· Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
· Sets up equipment and parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, or arc gas welding equipment.
· Weld metal materials to piping systems equipment using the appropriate welding procedure for the various equipment and metal types involved.
· Proven record of observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
· EE must align with EFX visions and values.
· Perform other duties as required.
· High School Diploma/GED or 2 year technical diploma/vocational certificate desired.
· Minimum of 5 - 10 years' of relevant industrial experience required.
· Must have experience welding multiple types of pipe including, but not limited to: carbon steel, stainless steel and chrome.
· Certified in at least three of these processes SMAW, SAW, GTAW, GMAW and FCAW.
· Some knowledge of ASME codes.
· Must pass 6G pipe test.
· Must have experience of small pressure vessel fabrication, layout and fit ups.
· Must be able to read and interpret all engineering drawings in order to efficiently perform work.
· Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and procedures.
· Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
· May lead and direct the work of others.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office