Our client is a leading fund manager focused on European Renewable Energy assets who are looking for a Commercial Asset Engineer to manage their Biomass portfolio on a Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for the commercial management of their power plants, including contract negotiation and restructuring.
Commercial Asset Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to the Technical General Manager on the management of the biomass power generation portfolio.
- Participate in construction progress meetings, internal oversight meetings, and site visits.
- Ensure contractual communication is prepared and responded to accordingly, either by the Owner the MSA or the Engineer. This includes for example; variation requests, extension of time claims, force majeure claims and contractual reporting requirements.
- Ensure project documentation (technical, commercial and legal) is available and maintained.
- Coordinate work products from external advisors (developers, lawyers, technical advisors, debt providers, EPC contractors, etc) during construction
- Oversight on the warranty management and punch list close out
- Validation of the MSA progress and update reports
- Coordination of MSA outputs to third parties (OFGEM, EA, Councils, etc…)
- Preparation of the Monthly & Quarterly Asset Management Reports
- Determine asset improvements and performance enhancements including lifetime extension projects
Commercial Asset Engineer desired experience:
- A strong academic background is required demonstrated by an excellent degree ideally in engineering, construction management, building or quantity surveying
- Professionally qualified preferred
- Construction/operational management experience gained with construction or utility company preferably in the renewable energy or thermal power industry desirable
- Commercial management including contract negotiation or application (EPC and construction contracts)
- Excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder relationship skills
- Project management experience in large energy projects desirable, especially working with EPC contracts using MF/1 or FIDIC.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office