Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH126738
Location: England, Kent
Sector: Off-shore wind, Renewables
Salary: Up to £60000 per annum + bonus + package
Date posted: 29/05/2018
Our client is a world leading consortium within the Offshore Wind industry looking for a Commercial Manager to provide commercial contract management and support to the senior management team in the overall procurement process paying a competitive salary of £60,000 per annum + 10% bonus + benefits package.
Commercial Manager duties and responsibilities:
* Responsibility for developing commercial management processes and control measures designed to minimise risk and maximise operational performance of contracts, including performance management systems
* Resolving commercial issues and disputes, and claims
* Ownership of overall contract register, managing the contract renewal / review process, produce monthly update and managing the work flow
* Management and rationalisation of the over 140 contracts which are currently in place
* Preparing contract schedules of deliverables, obligations calendars, commercial briefing and training sessions to improve commercial expertise and raise awareness in operations
* Commercially reviewing bids, with particular focus on payment mechanisms, event of default clause, termination thresholds and any schedules with significant Operational risk/impact
* Lead the procurement activities.
* Develop sourcing strategies aligned with company and procurement objectives and conduct procurement programmes to identify suitable suppliers for the business.
* To provide tactical support for ad hoc purchasing requests and contract related queries
* Negotiate preferential contract terms with suppliers and mitigate risk for the business and work alongside the in-house legal team to draft contractual language
Commercial Manager desired experience:
* Minimum degree qualifications in Engineering / Business Administration / Finance. Or hold relevant professional qualification i.e. Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management, ideally RICS qualified
* Professional qualification and chartered status (CIPS/RICS)
* Minimum of 8 years' experience in energy, engineering or construction industry, and/or contract administration or contract compliance in construction related projects
* Demonstrable experience of dealing with multiple clients, forms of contract and methods of measurement
* Possess strong commercial negotiation skills and experience of managing and leading a team to achieve multiple objectives
* Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Impeccable drafting and written communication skills
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office