Commercial Manager - Nuclear
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : 97702_310L
Sector: Commercial & Sales, Nuclear
Date posted: 27/10/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
Spencer Ogden are delighted to be working with our exclusive client for a truly outstanding Commercial Management position within the UK NNB sector. The client are looking for someone motivated by challenges and driven by a solid team spirit to join their internationally-renowned team for major nuclear projects.
In connection with the Activity Director, the Commercial Manager is commercially responsible, on each contract assigned, for all pre and post contract commercial issues relating to a contract(s) on the project.
Your role as Commercial Manager:
* To draft, negotiate and execute contracts (Consortium Agreement, NDA, Sub-contracts, Terms
and references, etc.).
* To develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration.
* To monitor compliance by Project Team with the above procedures.
* To manage contractual obligations and provide continual review to ensure that all terms are met.
* To ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness.
* To provide recommendations on how to avoid any additional cost or to minimize the costs of
* To provide expert guidance on contract matters to Project Manager or Project staff.
* To provide general advice and assistance on Risk Management issues.
* To manage contractual impacts resulting from time, quality or performance related problems
during Project execution.
* To ensure that Consortium members comply with their own contractual obligations.
* To ensure all appropriate documentation is prepared and submitted on time to support claims and change orders.
* To refine and implement data collection systems with the purpose of managing/avoiding
* To provide training courses to Project Team in contract related matters.
* To ensure the configuration management of all information input of the contract.
* To ensure proper contract close-out.
Experience Requirements and Skills
* Effective commercial / contract management skills, with clear knowledge of best practice
* Able to demonstrate a considerable track record of administering successful contracts.
* Experience with most common Forms of Contract (NEC & FIDIC) within the power construction
industry and major projects and programme environment; with particular knowledge of UK
Law and its impact upon the contract and commercial function is essential.
* Proven track record as Project Contract Manager on large EPC projects.
* Broad experience in the administration of NEC3 contracts.
* Involvement in international Projects under various laws and regulations.
* Familiar with the nuclear site licence conditions and the nuclear baseline philosophy.
* Knowledge and understanding of dispute resolution including arbitration, adjudication,
* Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy, or
* MSc in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
* Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB or equivalent professional body is an advantage.
* A track record in the role of Commercial Manager delivering multi-disciplined/multi-partner EPC projects from inception through to completion in a nuclear/highly regulated construction environment.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
For more information about this role please contact our London office