Wind Technician - Commissioning
Hourly rate: $45 per hour inclusive of superannuation (standard, standby and travel days)
Per Diem: $55 per working day
- Ensuring that equipment works to its specification
- Creating and carrying out test procedures
- Investigating problems and diagnosing and repairing faults
- Liaising with installation/project engineers
- Participate as a key team member promoting initiatives to improve Wind Turbine component performance whilst ensuring quality and functionality.
- Participate in continuous improvement process and implement all improvement activities which relate to area of responsibility.
- Interpret the requirements of wind manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc. and devise work plans including all required resources
- Field operational support for Planned preventive maintenance programs of wind turbine generator systems.
- Making improvements to, and offering advice about, operational procedures
- Scheduling and coordinating work to tight deadlines
- Successfully complete site training including GE EHS Climb Test
- Understanding of basic AC/DC electrical circuits and ability to T/S and conduct circuit analysis (24VDC, 166VDC, 120, 230, 400, 575, 690VAC) Understanding of PLC Controls
- Mechanical aspects include but not limited to oil/oil filter changes, lubrication, generator to gearbox alignments and torqueing
- Liaise with Service manager
- Keep records, maintain documentation and report as required by company policy
- Deploy appropriate company health, safety, environment and quality processes for the business utilizing industry best practice.
- Site inventory control to ensure business objectives are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Maintain company vehicle with necessary tooling and equipment to perform planned preventative maintenance.
- Ensure periodic maintenance and repairs are made to equipment/tooling and company vehicles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically fit & Confident at working at Heights
- Team player, cooperative, interested in further development.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Self-motivated individual, able to work on own initiative and take appropriate decisions.
- Be prepared to share in the personal challenges that develop from building a new business opportunity through to delivery
- Excellent fault- finding capabilities with attention to detail.
- Experienced in planned preventative maintenance,
- Able to compile daily, weekly, monthly technical reports
- Experience in, or knowledge, of the 1974 H&S at work act
- Strong I.T Skills ''Excel & Word'' Computerized software programmers, firm wear upgrades etc….
- Flexibility to carry out the necessary duties to complete the task efficiently and in a timely Manner
Education and Qualifications
- Industry recognised Qualification HNC, City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Mechanical, Hydraulic or Electrical Engineering fields
- Minimum 2 years transferable industry sector experience
- Knowledge of WTSR either as an At or CT
- WTG Knowledge
- Previous GE/Alstom WTG service experience desirable although not essential as full training will be provided
For more information about this role please contact our Perth office