Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : CMRR
Location: England, West Sussex
Sector: Energy From Waste, Renewables
Date posted: 07/02/2017
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client one of UK's leading integrated waste management operators are looking to hire a highly skilled Compliance Manager in the West Sussex area. This exciting position pays a competitive salary of £35,000-£40,000 + per annum plus an impressive benefits package.
The Compliance Manager role is to ensure that the Site stays in compliance with Health / Safety and Environmental legislation and with Statutory and Corporate regulations. The Compliance Manager will also need to ensure good communication with the Regulatory bodies; West Sussex Authority and suppliers to the West Sussex site.
Compliance Manager duties and responsibilities:
* Ensures Compliance with Environmental Health and Safety legislation.
* Ensures compliance with regards to SHEQ in the WSCC contract.
* Implements of SHEQ standards on site ensuring compliance with the necessary ISO standards. The Compliance Manager will be responsible for developing the IMS/ and ISO procedures and ensuring the standards are kept up on site.
* The Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all site attendees are aware of the site rules and will be responsible for informing site users of changes in the rules.
* The Compliance Manager is responsible for co-ordinating the Site User Group meetings and Site User surveys for which a 90+% score is required.
* The Compliance Manager will be responsible for organising the Site Safety Improvement Team meetings; minuting these and ensuring that the actions are closed out.
Compliance Manager desired experience:
* Experience working in public or private sector compliance, environment, quality, health and safety departments.
* Relevant business qualification IOSH Certificate or equivalent formal safety qualification.
* Membership of relevant professional bodies eg. CIWM, IQA.
* Effective time manager and self-organiser.
* Good knowledge and understanding of Compliance SHEQ Matters.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9327.
For more information about this role please contact our London office