A leading professional engineering services firm is seeking an experienced Construction Manager for an extensive pipeline of upcoming on-shore wind farm projects in the mid west. This individual will be responsible for planning and contracting as well as the up-front office work. The ideal candidate will give continuity between pre construction and field work
- Responsible for expediting the construction project(s).
- Managing and administering construction contracts.
- Ensuring all contractual requirements/special provisions are being met, providing quality assurance for the construction elements installed, and acting as the owner's representative for the successful completion of the assigned wind project(s).
- Complete the construction planning efforts, help establish construction protocols and management procedures, and play a critical role in establishing field oversight and inspection teams.
- Complete the design/development stage and to help lead the program into the construction and commissioning stages.
- Minimum of 10 years (preferably more) of relevant experience as a site superintendent, project or construction manager.
- Experience working on mulitple wind farms with intimate knowledge of the erection & assembly of towers and turbines
- Familiarity with major equipment suppliers (Vestas, G.E, etc)
- Bachelors in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical), Construction Management, or business management
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.