Construction Phase Project Manager - New York (2841)
Our New York office has an exciting opportunity for an experienced MEP construction phase professional. The successful candidate will be have at least 12 years of MEP construction related experience with ideally at least 3 years in a design office environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management, supervision co-ordination and successful delivery of our consultancy services throughout the construction stage of our projects. The candidate will be a team player, with good communication skills and an eye for detail. The role is based in the New York Office, but travel within the US will be required.
What will I be Doing?
- Review contractor supplied shop drawings, coordination drawings, product data, material samples and other related submittals for general conformance with the contract documents
- Review contractor requests for change orders.
- Review contractor generated requests for information (RFIs)
- Carry out site visits for general observation of construction work in progress for conformance with contract documents.
- Spend 40-70% of time on-site liaising with Contractor and ensuring design constructability.
- Provide construction reports following site visits using technology where appropriate.
- Carry out constructability and commissioning reviews on design stage and contract documents.
- Carry out technical due diligence surveys.
- Carry out LEED Commissioning Authority role.
- Contribute to MEP value engineering reviews.
- Review contractor supplied shop drawings, coordination drawings, product data, material samples and other related submittals for conformance with the contract documents.
- Assist architect and contractor with preparation of punch lists prior to final handover.
- Represent us as the key contact with the Client, Architect and Contractor for projects in the Construction Phase.
- Managing the resourcing plans and activities for our projects that are in construction phase.
- Manage/ update the MEP toolkit that supports our construction phase process as a result of feedback on our construction phase activities
- In conjunction with the administration team, manage and audit our submittal and RFI process on our construction phase projects.
- Report on a monthly basis key construction phase related issues.
- Providing learning and development support for construction phase activities training.
- Good teambuilding and communication skills a must.
Bachelor degree in MEP engineering or related field preferred. Experience in MEP construction scheduling and budgeting preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project; Primavera; Procore or other construction management software is essential. Experience of Revit software is desired but training can be given to successful applicant.
We are proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. We actively promote inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.