The Construction Supervisor is the team member with the boots on the ground every day, making each hour and dollar count, ensuring that our systems are built safely and efficiently, to the client standard. This person is a problem solver, a team player, a creative thinker, an organized leader who breaks big goals into manageable tasks. This person gets the unique opportunity to spend their days working outside on a project that begins as a bare piece of land and ends with a system that produces clean, renewable electricity for a community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Meets with subcontractors daily to plan and coordinate the short term goals and objectives, and develop a path forward to solve any problems.
* Develops three week look-ahead schedule and works with Construction Manager and trades to ensure schedule is met.
* Collects and analyzes production data in order to build productivity standards for the project and then communicates these standards to the project stakeholders.
* Coordinates the arrival of deliveries and equipment to the project site with the logistics team and subcontractors.
* Reviews and thoroughly understands material submittals, plans and specifications to ensure that the project is built to standard.
* Leads by example and enforces company and regulatory safety policies and procedures; addresses non-compliance among all employees, subcontractors and vendors.
* Knows the key operational details of the subcontract and holds the subcontractors accountable to their agreement and the company's standards.
* Measures productivity, progress and performance of the subcontractors on a daily basis and completes daily activity and tracking reports. Qualifications
* 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in the solar industry
* Bachelor's degree in a relevant field preferred
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills; experience with MS Suite tools required
* Must have working knowledge of civil, electrical and utility construction
* Knowledge of OSHA safety standards required; OSHA 10 is a minimum requirement
* Willingness to travel for projects in new and growing markets
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.