1 - ROLE STATEMENT
Designs, reviews and improves process systems to maintain plant safety and
service performance while delivering savings.
2 - KEY FACTS AND FIGURES
Batch reactor and blend plant operating as a top-tier COMAH site.
Producing 30,000 tonnes of speciality chemicals per annum, 24 / 5.
40 employees, plus contractors and consultants.
3 - MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
* Executes multiple projects simultaneously, with only moderate
* Leads the HAZOP team where applicable and participates in process
safety risk assessments and closure of actions.
* Supports SH&E objective on site, with focus on regulatory compliance
and process safety.
* To develop and implement projects that are pertinent to the business
needs in line with Management of Change and Project Execution
4 - CONTEXT/ENVIRONMENT
* Cross-functional, involving working with all groups on site.
5 - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Degree in Chemical or Process engineering discipline
* Minimum five years of experience in chemical / petro-chemical industry.
* Awareness of the process safety and environmental impact of design
ideas and the ability to design out risks.
* Knowledge of codes, standards and legal requirements pertinent to a
top tier COMAH site.
* Experience in process hazard analysis techniques including HAZOP.
* Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Excellent maths, science, computer and organisational skills.
6 - WORK PLANNING AND EVALUATION
* Able to identify priorities and work to deadlines.
* Able to work within budget.
* Able to manage own work requirements and adapt to changing
* Able to use own initiative to evaluate responsibilities.
7 - KEY MEASURES
* Producing deliverables on time and within budget.
* Site compliance with all regulatory and corporate requirements.
* No overdue calendar HAZOPs.
* No overdue HAZOP or QSHE actions.
8 - WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AND TEAM WORKING
* Able to communicate and work with all other functional groups across
the Fawley site.
* Able to understand the needs of the Production department, develop
ideas into projects and provide solutions and feedback.
* Able to engage with external vendors and third parties as required.
* Able to work well as an individual.
For more information about this role please contact our London office