Job type: Permanent
Job reference: : BBBH91531
Location: Hong Kong
Sector: Build, Quantity Surveying, Built Environment
Date posted: 03/08/2016
This vacancy has now expired.
The function of the Contract Manager is, in general terms, to take on a strategic approach to change management, in relation to pre- & post- contract issues, & thus increasing the visibility of the Project Managers & General Managers towards a project & making it successful.
* Drafting, evaluation, negotiation & execution of contracts including principle, inter- & sub-contracts
* Serve as the point of contact for Clients on contractual matters. Act as contractual "middleman" between Company employees & Clients/MCs/Consultants, ensuring timely review & approval /reconciliation of variations &/or delay notifications.
* On all standard & non-standard contracts, provide redlined recommendations & often negotiate directly with the Client / MC until consensus has been reached.
* Ensure contractual records & documentation are maintained, such as receipt & control of all contract correspondence, Client contact information sheets, contract summary sheets,contractual changes, Design Change Notices, TCM allocation sheets, status reports & other documents for all projects. Ensure that proposed bond & guarantee formats meet Company Policy & highlight risks when such formats are outside the necessary parameters.
* Provide guidance on contract matters to Project Managers & QS Staff, including training to new Project Managers, QS staff & other employees in contracting procedures.
* Develop & implement procedures for Contract Management & Administration in compliance with Company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence or recommend change to Company policies through Senior Management.
* Monitor compliance of the Project Team, & specifically the QS Department, with established procedures.
* Work with Senior Management to coordinate contractual insurance requirement general/specific to projects.
* Degree in Quantity Surveying/ Building Studies/ Construction Management/ Engineering/Legal related disciplines.
* 7 to 10 years experiences in Contract Administration in the construction industry in Asia.
* Experience in sub-contractors & commercial contracts administration, cost & budgeting controls & analysis, contractual & sub-contractors' claims handling, tendering process & submission, materials pricing & costs estimation of large-scale construction/ civil/ building projects.
For more information about this role please contact our Hong Kong office